Institute for Research on European Agricultural Landscapes e.V. (EUCALAND)
EUCALAND is the acronym of "European Culture expressed in Agricultural Landscapes". EUCALAND is a non profit association under German law. We are an expert network that deals with the cultural and agricultural landscapes of Europe for promoting their consideration and use among their people for preserving their cultural heritage.
After a long, serious illness, our esteemed colleague and long-time President Hans Renes died. With him we are losing a friendly friend and colleague and science is losing one of the most important cultural landscape researchers in Europe.
Unfortunately, we have to announce another death. We will be also missing Stanislav (Standa) Martinat, a brilliant young scientist from Czechia, who was recently empoyed at the James Hutton Institute in Scotland. Those of us, having participated in our COST-RELY Action, will for sure remember his kind character, bringing forward discussions and tasks in a cooperative and constructive manner. Our whishes are with his family. Some colleagues, first of all, Bohumil Frantal, have dedicated an article towards Standas life and work, which you'll find here.
- You can now subscribe to our TRANSFARM newsletter: http://eepurl.com/ikil9r, twice a year during the project's lifetime.
- Latest publication: Enclosed Landscapes as part of the European Agricultural Heritage. Society for Landscape Studies Supplementary Series 3, ISBN 978 0 09 539712 4
- EUCALAND has started a cooperation with FAO-GIAHS for research cooperation, networking, information and exchange. More news to come soon.
- EUCALAND has signed MoU with IFLA-Europe for research cooperation, networking, information and exchange. More news to come soon
- 2023 Firescapes, Cyprus, Summary, Impressions. Thanks to Timmi Tillmann
- 2023 Reclamation Landscapes, online, Summary. Thanks to Jana Spulerova
last update: 09 October 2023